I want to first thank those of you that have made us aware of issues within the new update V1.99 that primarily consisted of an update to the Forums. We have been working hard to address problems and I am sure many of you have noticed that when we are contacted with quality details about a problem they are fixed quickly.
We have incorporated some really great stuff into the new forums. For example you now have full access to all your Icons and Smilies on the forum. This means you can upload your own images and smilies. When it comes to the look we have included access to the CSS file that controls the appearance of the forums or the forums will take on the color scheme of the rest of your website.
In the past 24 hours we have fixed the follow problems:
- Fixed problems with the styles and images being copied to the sites local files.
- Corrected the rating buttons so that will rate posts.
- Corrected a number of styling issues that did effect the appearance on some sites.
- Forum conflicts with site modifiers.
- Improved the font size on the forum view.
- Corrected a problem when Deleting Threads and Replies. Replies would be removed but the thread/topic would stay
- Added a link in forum options so that if the Style Sheet is not copied correctly or is damaged you can reset the theme and file structure.
- Fixed alternating row colors
- Fixed forum ad spot
New additions in the last 24 hours
- Added Forum option: You can set the option to require login for users to view the forums as a whole
- Added Forum option: You can set the option to require login for users to view forums based on the forum.
We are still aware of some page load time issues. If you are effected with page load issues please let us know in a support ticket.
I wanted to address some of the most common questions:
"Forums do not show Topic or Replies" Forum counts update when a new topic or reply is added. Thus if you have a forum with posts in it, post a quick topic or wait until someone posts. At that point the counts will update.
"My forums are all centered" This is a problem with files not being copied correctly. Go to Forum options and click on the link to reset theme CSS and images. It is possible that you would see a cached version of the page. Delete your history and temp files if you see not change.
"We want the old forums back!" This brings me to a quote I remember “…people don’t like change. But make the change happen fast enough and you go from one type of normal to another.” - Terry Pratchett
Comment and Forum Rules
I wanted to let you know I am very disappointed in how some people post comments, on every major update. I have see so many immature posts that I have had no choice but to delete them. We are still beta, because we are still improving and rolling out features that may be largely untested. We give the opportunity to use Spruz completely free, Spruz is one of the few places where, you will see the founders taking there time to personally answer user questions.
Comments and Forum posts will be deleted based on the following:
Do not be immature, there is no need for name calling, WTF, WTH, Etc. If you want to help by commenting let us know what is wrong, or right. Give constructive or critique suggestions. What happens is we end up seeing the few negative people representing the masses. "You can please some of the people all the time, or all the people some of the time, but can't please all the people all the time"
Do not post comments that directly insult the creators or staff of Spruz. This includes cursing, name calling, etc. Spruz is developed completely in the US by a very small team. We take Spruz very ser