We have just released a new publish that brings a new and improved link directory system, and other improvements.
Features of the new and improved Link Directory
- Allows you and your site members to post links to other sites complete with an auto image URL preview, title, description, and tags.
- Admin created categories with unlimited depth category type structures. Meaning you can create sub categories upon sub categories.
- Control the member level of who can add links to the directory
- Tracks clicks and loads the clicked website into a frame that allows visitors to quickly return to your website.
- Very search engine friendly structure.
To add the link directory to your website go to your Site Administration, then click on the Blue content tab and click New Page. You will see the link directory in the pages list. If you have the old link directory you will need to add the new link directory in order apply the update to your website.
Like any major improvement to a system, we will still be working on making the link directory even better over time thanks to feedback from our site owners.
Other updates released with our platform update today.
New basic XML site map support. This was added to address the many questions about submitting a site map to Google. Your site map URL will be http://YOURWEBSITE.COM/sitemap.xml
New Member Map Element. This is a new element that displays the members of your website on a Google powered map.
Miscellaneous Styling/Design Related Fixes
In Case you missed it
We have a few other updates to tell you about that were applied to the platform over the last 2 weeks.
We have many more new features and improvements coming your way, so make sure you subscribe to our RSS at http://www.spruz.com/main/xml/ or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/spruz
As part of our business model we are always working on improvements, new features, usability adjustments, and new information that will help you grow a better community. If you see something that can be improved for the good of all then please tell us about it on the Spruz Support Community forums at my.spruz.com.